Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erann
Contributor
Jump to solution

Applying existing network object policy rules to new object

Hi,

Is there a way to apply the same rules which are being applied to an existing network host object to a new network host object?

lets say I have 20 access rules which are applied to host object named "SRV1" , now I created a new object "SRV2" which needs to be a duplicate of SRV1 rules-wise.

R81.10

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

This is not manual. You can replace automatically in all 20+ rules. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Create a group object containing both SRV1 & SRV2 and then do a "where-used" for SRV1.

There you can replace SRV1 with the group object in all relevant rules and have them applied for both servers this way.

erann
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, your suggestion only helps for future rules regarding these 2 objects only and this was not my intention.

If tomorrow I will have a different object on which I need to do the same, I will have to go through the same thing all over again, I am asking if it's possible to add a new object to all rules applied for an existing object, or if to rephrase:
How can I clone a host object into a new object along with the rules applied to it so I won't have to go through "Where used" for 20+ rules and manually add the new object.

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

This is not manual. You can replace automatically in all 20+ rules. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events