cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1der
Advisor

Application Control Update Question

Hello,

App Control performed an update yesterday, and I have a question about what these changes are.
Is there a place to see where it explains these revision updates? I am wondering whether an app category "Remote Administration" started including "Teamviewer" recently. As we have a block on the category, but it seems TeamViewer was allowed until this update possibly. Would this update explain this behavior?

Application Control & URL Filtering Update version was updated from 81202107222211 to 81202107222211

I have checked AppWiki | Check Point Software, but it does not list the date these are updated or added into a category. 

R80.40

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I always wondered too, but never found out an answer...same for IPS update. Hope someone can give an explanation.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You can register your email at the top right corner of the AppWiki page or subscribe to the RSS feed for updates regarding changes.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
r1der
Advisor

DOH, I missed that. Thank you Chris! I just signed up.

Is there anyway to see changes for 81202107222211 to 81202107222211 or can you post that please or DM it to me? I would like to confirm my theory on what happened that day to make sure what I believe had happened is correct.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This sounds like a situation where an erroneous update got pushed out, which has happened previously.
And FYI those are the same version numbers.

r1der
Advisor

Hi @Chris_Atkinson , do you know if there's been any releases since this post? I signed up and got the confirmation email. However, I have not seen any emails regarding updates. I think I actually signed up before, but don't think I've ever received anything.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi

I'm checking regarding the notification status for you and will provide an update here.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Did you receive the notification in the last couple of days for Package No. 210903 ?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
r1der
Advisor

Chris, thanks for checking-in! I did see it for 210903  and also got the most recent one - 211001. I believe I was not registered before 8/12, but looks all good now. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events