cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1der
Contributor

Application Control Update Question

Hello,

App Control performed an update yesterday, and I have a question about what these changes are.
Is there a place to see where it explains these revision updates? I am wondering whether an app category "Remote Administration" started including "Teamviewer" recently. As we have a block on the category, but it seems TeamViewer was allowed until this update possibly. Would this update explain this behavior?

Application Control & URL Filtering Update version was updated from 81202107222211 to 81202107222211

I have checked AppWiki | Check Point Software, but it does not list the date these are updated or added into a category. 

R80.40

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Authority
Authority

I always wondered too, but never found out an answer...same for IPS update. Hope someone can give an explanation.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee
Employee

You can register your email at the top right corner of the AppWiki page or subscribe to the RSS feed for updates regarding changes.

(1)
r1der
Contributor

DOH, I missed that. Thank you Chris! I just signed up.

Is there anyway to see changes for 81202107222211 to 81202107222211 or can you post that please or DM it to me? I would like to confirm my theory on what happened that day to make sure what I believe had happened is correct.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This sounds like a situation where an erroneous update got pushed out, which has happened previously.
And FYI those are the same version numbers.

r1der
Contributor

Hi @Chris_Atkinson , do you know if there's been any releases since this post? I signed up and got the confirmation email. However, I have not seen any emails regarding updates. I think I actually signed up before, but don't think I've ever received anything.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee
Employee

Hi

I'm checking regarding the notification status for you and will provide an update here.