cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maros_Kukan
Participant

Adding MLM server to Domain

Hello,

I am trying to add new MLM server to host CLMs to existing domain which consist of single MDS server running one CMA on top of it.

After establishing SIC the UI asks me to perform initial synchronization with MLM when I hit yes, I receive an error Management High Availability feature is disabled. And status in Multi-Domain Server contents will remain Disconnected.

Please note I am not looking for HA here. Is there a requirement to have MDS HA in place (2-nodes) before I can deploy a MLM servers to host log modules? 

I am running Gaia R77.30 with Take 338. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need to do that on a global level, not on domain level

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Just to make sure we are talking about the same here:

1. Go to General > Multi-Domain Server Contents

2. Right-Click on Multi-Domain Security Manager and choose New Multi-Domain Server

3. Add your server. Mind it should be configured as MLM with mds_config in advance. 

Please confirm you do it as described 

0 Kudos
Maros_Kukan
Participant

That is correct, I did first two steps. Not exactly sure about 3rd step as at the moment there is nothing special that I can see that needs to be completed. Trust is already established. The mdsstat shows FWM=up, FWD=up, CPD=up, CPCA=N/R

If I return to Multi-Domain security manager window, it even recognizes it as Multidomain log server. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Okay, now show the error message you are getting, and also output of Check SIC Status

0 Kudos
Maros_Kukan
Participant

The error is shown once I hit Yes on this page. 

It would say Management High Availability feature is disabled. 

But strangely enough the Synchronization was now successful. Is there a way how to verify why that behavior was happening?  

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I think your MLM was not fully up and ready at the first trial. Does it work now?

0 Kudos
Maros_Kukan
Participant

Yes it is up and running, CLM creation was successful as well. Thanks. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events