cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihenock1011
Contributor

VSX JHF UPGRADE

Hi All,

We plan to upgrade our security gateway from R81.10 to R81.20. Initially, we will upgrade the JHF. It is an MHO-based VSX mode, and the VSX consists of two members. we want to know whether, during the upgrade of VSX member-01, VSX-Member02 will actively handle traffic. Also, during the upgrade of VSX-Member-SG02, will the primary member handle traffic to ensure there is no downtime? Additionally, please let me know if there are any relevant SKs available for VSX upgrade.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe same works on VSX as on regular cluster, at least thats how I remember it from R77 days. When you initiate upgrade on backup member and it reboots, master stays master, but then when master is done, backup will take over and you can switch it back later.

Andy

Nir_Shamir
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi,

you can upgrade the JHF on one member only , leaving the 2nd member UP and passing traffic:

installer installer <PackageNumber> member_ids 1_X ...

Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I have installed JFH's on Maestro setups without any downtime. Make sure there is at least one member you are NOT performing the installation, and you are good to go.

For the upgrade to R81.20, check the R81.20 Quatum Maestro Administrator Guide. There are several procedure for upgrading R81.10 to R81.20. Zero Downtime or Minimum Downtime.

Make sure you have backups and and snapshots.
And take you time. The procedure has many steps which must be followed. 

Good luck,
Martijn

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events