cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor

Upgrade, Maestro, R80.20SP -> R81.10

Hi,

Have anyone tried this task successfully yet ? 

We did one try yesterday and ended up with having to revert. Following the guide with all the correct patches. (the .315, the upgrade script..etc)

Anyone done this with success that has some tips n tricks ? 

We pretty much halted while trying to fetch the policy

0 Kudos
36 Replies
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

The comment suggests he's running R81.20.

"It's supposed to work and be supported running R81.20 Maestro, but Site 2 would be stuck in down state unless I disabled this feature"

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

Indeed, it's running R81.20 + JHF Take 14.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

I had a couple issues when we upgraded from R80.30 to R80.40+ or 2.6 to 3.10 for Dynamic balancing and multiqueue.

What I do is disable the feature that I know can create a collision , upgrade and check how is the new feature on upgraded version. 

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

We ended up testing a clean installation. All appliances clean installed using R81.20 for Scalable Platform ISO (T631), and both Orchestrators clean installed using R81.20 for Scalable Platform ISO (T631). I ended up simply dropping CoreXL Split / Dynamic Balancing. The feature isn't hugely beneficial on CPAP-SG6600 (Site 1) and CPAP-SG6500 (Site 2) appliances.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

with 8 logical cores, there are still cases where you'd need the dynamic allocation, when SND cores become loaded, can you elaborate?

0 Kudos
EY
Contributor

Hi Simon, it's been a couple years since the original thread post here and was curious if the issue regarding LACP has been fixed for R81.20 upgrades or is that being reserved for R81.30+?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

This limitation is still present per the SK. I don't have a way to check whether the verifier script has been updated sorry.

0 Kudos