if yes could you please give me the link for help

best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Since the management server what?

Didn't you already ask about this? https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/10739-upgrade-r76sp30-to-r76sp50 

The upgrade guide is here: 60000/40000 Security Platforms R76SP.50 Upgrade Guide 

0 Kudos
ahmed_bousta
Contributor

yes i see the guide but for example this  construction to upgrade 

----------------

Note - Make sure to run the script from Chassis A and not Chassis B. ( how can i be sure )
# cd /home/admin/temp/
# ./AsgInstallScript –b chassis2

---------------------

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Monitoring commands (eg asg stat/asg monitor) tell you which chassis/sgm you're logged into.

In fact the easiest way is to just look at the command prompt: there will be a chassis id and SGM id appended to the hostname, e.g. ch01-01 for Chassis 1 SGM1.

0 Kudos
ahmed_bousta
Contributor

in my case i have two chassis managed by one VIP IP adresse : so when i logged to the FW

i logged always in ch01-01:0:ACTIVE

how can i do to logged in ch02-01:0:

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

There are several ways. The recommended way to do an upgrade is via console (direct console to an SGM on each chassis).

Alternative ways:

1. Fail over chassis so that 2 is active. When you ssh to the mgmt IP, you will connect to chassis 2. Do the reverse for connecting to chassis 1. See "Configuring chassis state" in the admin guide for the commands.

2. Assign a UIPC to chassis 2. This way each chassis has its own mgmt. IP address. See admin guide on configuring UIPC.

You can always connect to another SGM using the "blade" command. However this is not recommended for an upgrade.