cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gingerwerewolf
Contributor

Maestro Security Group Management Interfaces

Hi

Im going through a replacement of a Cluster of Gateways split across 2 sites with a pair Maestros and 4x 7000 clusters split across 2 sites

Simply put the original site Gateway has multiple Interfaces, and the important part is that they use the Mgmt interface and route to and from it.  Assume its IP is 192.168.101.1/24

The SMS is 192.178.101.100

So the SMS can get to the internet via 192.168.101.1, as the GW is its default gateway.

the 192.168.101.0/24 network only has one router on it, the GW @ .1 and has several other devices that are required on it, including things like LoM and similar.

So, onto my question

Im getting confused with the Maestro Management Interfaces - Ports 1-4 on the MHO 140

I know that they are used for the Security Groups. When I set up a security group to replace the original Gateway, Im going to need it to have access and be managed via 192.168.101.0/24. But Im also going to need it to continue routing to and from that network.

How do I go about setting this up, will that Ports 1-4 route the traffic? are there any gotchas I need to know about?

Im guessing that this is a common replacement but the way that ports 1-4 are labled has got me worried

Oh and Im running R81.10 SP with hotfix Take 30

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Don't use the management ports 1-4 if you want to route traffic through the management ports as they don't support it. Use an uplink port as management port instead. See here.

0 Kudos
Gingerwerewolf
Contributor

Thank you!