Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasaddere
Explorer
Jump to solution

How SSM connects with SGM in scalable chassis in 44000 or 61000 or other chassis

How SSM connects with SGM in scalable chassis in 44000 or 61000 or other chassis. In Maestro, MHO and SGM connect through DAC cable but how it connects in Scalable chassis.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Chassis have uplinks and downlinks integrated with the chassis internal bus, hence additional cables are not required.

View solution in original post

(1)
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Chassis have uplinks and downlinks integrated with the chassis internal bus, hence additional cables are not required.

(1)
Prasaddere
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Two query, How I can configure security Group in Scalable Chassis? Normally , In case of maestro, we can do it in orchestrator. Not able to understand in case of scalable chassis.

2nd Query, In case of upgrade, do i need to upgrade SSM or CCM always or it is not required. Where I can get the compatibity matrix for SSM version and SGM version?

If you have any documents for the same, please share. I have already refered the getting started guide and installation and upgrade guide.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Here's what the documentation says about Security Groups: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_Chassis_AdminGuide/Content/T...
It may need to be done as part of First-Time Wizard for the relevant SGM.

As far as when to upgrade the SSM, your best bet is to check the Release Notes for the target version to see if it is required.

0 Kudos