cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjulianom
Advisor

Doubt about installing a hotfix in Maestro gateway

Hi everyone,

I have inherited a Maestro project, and I have to install a hotfix on one of its gateways. When looking at the Maestro Admin Guide - Installing and Uninstalling a Hotfix on Security Group Members, and after importing the package, and so on, it says "Set the Security Group Members in the Logical Group "A" to the state "DOWN": g_clusterXL_admin –b <SGM IDs in Group "A"> down".

Also it says "Connect to one of the Security Group Members in the Logical Group "A":member <Member ID>".

I think my scenario doesn't have security groups, the only devices I see in SmartConsole are this three:

cpuse_missing_2.png

How can I know what SGM IDs and what Member ID to type in the commands? I am new on Maestro, I can see this:

maestro.PNG

Are these the members IDs? And the SGM IDs? What commands can I use to know them?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yep, those are members IDs.

fjulianom
Advisor

Hi,

Ok, but what about the SGM IDs? Because in one of the commands it must be specified:

g_clusterXL_admin –b <SGM IDs in Group "A"> down

Regards,

Julian

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would verify with TAC to be sure, but I believe it would be the same, but better be 100% certain.

0 Kudos
Lloyd_Braun
Collaborator

I believe the format is {chassis_id}_{member_id}

'asg monitor' command will give you a better picture.

it appears you have two blades in 1 chassis, 1_1 and 1_2

it looks like you have 2 different clusters in that GUI monitor window, though, maybe multiple sites?  as the blades don't show up separately in the GUI, you should just see a single management object for each maestro cluster afaik

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

We have some great videos in the CheckFlix section of this site on Maestro, which will help you understand all these concepts a lot better. I recommend you go watch some of them and you'll have a much better understanding of the terminology and concepts presented in the admin guides.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos