Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority
Jump to solution

40G transceivers for MHO

"CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-100m" and "CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-100m-D" are available for MHO.

What's the difference? One of them is much cheaper then the other.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

At the moment, please use https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk92755 to confirm what is and is not supported (on any device/appliance). 

-D transceivers were released with the new Quantum Force models, and there is a plan to try to support these -D's transceivers on MHO's (latest advice is that this may need an updated JHF). As you know, we already support the older -B, -C etc on the MHO's.

Tom

View solution in original post

(1)
5 Replies
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

At the moment, please use https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk92755 to confirm what is and is not supported (on any device/appliance). 

-D transceivers were released with the new Quantum Force models, and there is a plan to try to support these -D's transceivers on MHO's (latest advice is that this may need an updated JHF). As you know, we already support the older -B, -C etc on the MHO's.

Tom

(1)
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Tom_Kendrick thanks, my mistake. I see -D transceiver is not supportet on the MHOs.

0 Kudos
Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

Easy mistake to make - don't worry! Should be there soon... 🙂 

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Tom_Kendrick follow up question……

For now, if  I want to connect a 9xxx appliance to a MHO-175 I have to use „CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-100m“ in the MHO and „CPAC-TR-40SR-QSFP-100m-D“ in the 9xxx appliance?

I know it‘s a question of support but I‘ve to use a 900$ QSFP in the appliance and a 4500$ QSFP in the MHO for the same connection and both ends are Check Point appliances. That’s a mystery to me.

Any information when this will be supported with -D version and MHOs?

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Ideally you can use the CPAC-DAC-40G-3M-D DAC cable instead of QSFPs and fibre runs, it is already supported on MHOs and new appliances. If that's not an option and you need a solution today, then yes it's those transceivers. The -D options we hope to have certified on MHOs by end of next month, but no promises. 

0 Kudos