Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pathy
Participant

vrrp high availability topology

Is there any procedure to add or remove an interface in vrrp high availability topology without cause fail-over?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Sure. First stop the standby member (or disconnect / shut down it's network interfaces) so that it cannot become active. Then remove the interface on the active and stopped standby member. Finally start the standby member again. Adjust the cluster topology within your SmartCenter as well and push policy.

Pathy
Participant

Thank you for the reply

To stop the standby, is there an equivalent cmd like for clusterXL mode (clusterXL_admin up/down)?

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Not that I know of. I'd simply use cpstop/cpstart.

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

On the backup gateway use the command:

set vrrp disable-all-virtual-routers on

Now make the changes you want, if you need to remove an interface from the list, first do it from the backup, then you don't need the above command either. Once your done just send the same command with off at the end.

Regards, Maarten
Pathy
Participant

Thanks all for your contributions

I was able to add a new interface without any issue. I used finally clusterXL_admin command 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Just so you know, VRRP will only take notice of that state if FW monitor is on. set vrrp disable-all-virtual-routers will really make sure VRRP will be admin down and clusterXL_admin doen will only put that system in problem state not in down state.

Regards, Maarten

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events