cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kul
Contributor

unable to install policies or database in standalone setup

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried to install policies and database and got this error message. "TCP connectivity failure ( port = 18191 )( IP = X.X.X.X )[ error no. 10 ] Policy installation canceled."

This is a standalone setup with gaia r77.30 Matthew DoUri BialikKyle ReynoldsAvigdor SharonIgal NahimovskiOfir AgasiKyle ReynoldsBob BentKristen Kenedy

Please assist with what I could do.

Kind regards,

kul@

13 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

If you have the ability to connect to the console of your standalone gateway, check if the CPD is running.

If not, lookup one of the posts describing how to troubleshoot it on the platform and the version you are running.

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

I checked cpd,ita running fine o

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

If it is a non-production environment, or if you have a maintenance window, try fw unloadlocal and reinstall the policy.

Any chance something changed in your policy that will block your communication with the unit if it is successfully installed?

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

Okay will do that the device is under production. is it possible to back up policies before I do fw unloadlocal ??

And also one more question, if I do freshinstallatiion is it possible to back up policies, Nat, route and interfaces. So that after fresh installation I can just load the Config files. 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

You can backup the current state of the unit in WebUI as well as perform a snapshot there.

You can perform migrate export to get the objects and rulebase in a portable format.

You can separately backup Gaia config in CLI.

Good idea to download backups and snapshots of the unit.

The problem is that if the unit is failing to install the current policy, restoring it to the same state may not fix your issues.

Why not try TAC SR? It may be something simple they will be able to spot and fix in a short remote session.

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

I tried to get support from TAC,they asked me to do fresh installation. I assume there is a possible way to rectify the issue.

They said the issue is change of IP of the device IP,which got the database ti be corrupted. 

Sometimes TAC people make mistake as well so I am here getting possible help from you guys. 

Thank you very much for getting on with this discussion. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did you change the IP of the device at all?

Is the IP in the error message what you expect it to be?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

fw unloadlocal does not change the policy configuration, it merely unloads it from the firewall kernel.

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

I haven't Changed the ip.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you opened a TAC case, please send me the SR# privately.

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

They said I need to do fresh installation. 

Any idea can I copy objects, route, policies from current configuration so it gets easier for me when I do fresh installation. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please send me the SR number privately so I can review the basis for this recommendation.

As far as migrating the security policy configuration, if there is corruption, it might be best to use cp_merge to export/import the configuration (assuming you want to stay on R77.30): Using cp_merge utility 

The OS-specific settings can be exported/imported as described here: Export / Import configuration / partial configuration in Gaia 

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

Sure will do, thanks alot 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events