Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muhammad_Nadeem
Explorer

i am planning to update license for my gateways and management servers. will this brake my cluster while updating license gateways, which are member of cluster.

planning to update license for checkpoint management server and gateways as current one is expiring, will this brake the cluster on participating gateways. as these gateways are configured as active passive.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It is generally advisable to only modify licenses during a maintenance window.

The only time where it is known to potentially cause an outage is if the licensed core count changes as a result of applying the new licenses.

This happens in a few specific circumstances:

• Moving from 15-day PnP to 30+ day eval licenses
  • Moving from eval license (either 15-day PnP or 30+ day eval) to permanent license
  • Changing Open Server licenses (e.g. moving from 2-core to 4-core or similar)

In the above scenarios, a reboot is required after applying the new license.

Muhammad_Nadeem
Explorer

Thanks mate. in my scenario platform is not changed as license are production licences and are being expired on 31/12/2017, i have received new one with expiry date for 31/12/2020. so i believe there wont be any reboot required and it wont brake the cluster while updating it.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If it's the same licenses with a different expiry date, you should be ok.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

The most important issue is that 2 nodes with different CPU core licenses will NOT sync or even considere themselves a full cluster.

If cphaprob shows you READY there is a list of things that could be off. Not just the amount of licensed cores.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
Abraham_Mathai
Explorer

There is no problem.. cluster ll not go down while licence is updated.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events