Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jme
Explorer
Jump to solution

What does the "take" number signify?

Hi,

regarding software patches I cannot find any documentation about  what the "take" number means. This is a bit confusing as sometimes it seems that lower "takes" apparently include fixes from higher takes.

Now, I may be misunderstanding the documentation but since the release terminology page (https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk95746) doesn't even mention the significance of the take I am not sure what to think!

Could anyone please enlighten me on what the take actually means and how the numbers relate (is higher always "better" for example)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Think of the Take as a build number.
There are JHF streams for all of the releases.
The latest one for R81.20 at this writing, for instance, is Take 65.
It includes all the fixes from Take 54 (which is the current Recommended JHF) as well as additional fixes.
Newer takes should include the fixes from previous takes.
However, JHF Take 54 from R81.10 (a different release) does not correspond to Take 54 on R81.20.

View solution in original post

(1)
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Think of the Take as a build number.
There are JHF streams for all of the releases.
The latest one for R81.20 at this writing, for instance, is Take 65.
It includes all the fixes from Take 54 (which is the current Recommended JHF) as well as additional fixes.
Newer takes should include the fixes from previous takes.
However, JHF Take 54 from R81.10 (a different release) does not correspond to Take 54 on R81.20.

(1)
jme
Explorer

Thanks, that clears it up. It's what I thought, but couldn't quite align with what I (thought that I) saw.

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Significant note! There are sometimes multiple takes of the base release of a major version! They most often add hardware support or fix installer bugs. These have nothing to do with the jumbo hotfix accumulator takes.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We recently did this for R81.20, in fact: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.20/R81.20/R81.20_Downloads.htm
Specifically it was done to address CVE-2024-24919.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got the answer from the MASTER Phoneboy 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events