Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

User data Failed to Upgrade R81 to R81.10 CPUSE GAIA PORTAL.

hi!

I have a problem to be able to upgrade from R81 to R81.10 (Management). I am trying to install the version via GAIA PORTAL CPUSE, I make sure that everything is in order with the disk spaces, latest upgrade tools for both versions, latest deploy agents, when checking the MAJOR VERSIONS package the package shows a Warning for the modified user.def and user_early.def files, I proceed to delete them and it only reaches 59% installing the rn r81.10 database. Attached what is described.

Some help?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Perhaps deleting the files is what’s causing the error.
What the Pre-Upgrade Verifier is actually trying to tell you is that you will need to manually re-apply the manual changes you made to these files after the upgrade.
Having a backup of them is all that’s required to do that.

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

I ran the test in various ways. With the original files, by default files and deleting the files.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I recommend engaging the TAC here.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree with phoneboy. I also have a gut feeling that by deleting them, you may have caused the failure. Now, those are just warnings, so definitely should not cause the failure. What Im concerned in your case is the actual error, which relates to user data...any additional info in GUI about that?

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

I ran the test in various ways. With the original files, by default files and deleting the files.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you send the files so I can compare it to ones I have in my lab? If you can, of course!

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

Thanks for response. files Attached.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks, will check tomorrow morning. By the way, just curious, since I assume policy worked fine before you tried upgrading the management, did you ever see any warnings/errors during policy push about those files? What I may try is copy those files to my lab mgmt and see what happens when I push policy. Then, if it works, I will do upgrade verify. I dont have base R81, I have R81.10 and R81.20 lab, so will test on R81.10.

Andy

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

In my case I have a lab without FW's, I only added the import of the client's R81 equipment to the R81 of my lab. And when I upgrade it shows me those faults.

In my case I have a lab without FW's, I only added the import of the client's R81 equipment to the R81 of my lab. And when I upgrade it shows me those faults. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I tested in my lab and no issues. When I try upgrade verified, it complains about disk space, but thats normal, as I had seen that before in my lab. I mean, when I say tested, I should stress I tested WITH files you provided.

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

Then, i don't understand where is the fail in my lab.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not sure mate, real sorry : - (. Did you try connect with TAC to investigate further?

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

Not yet.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How did you take the export from the client's system?
What was the precise CLI command(s)?

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

By CLI expert using:

$MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server verify -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R81 (warning files modified)

$MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server export -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R81 patch <name file> (ready with warning user.def/user_early.def)

$MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server import -skip_upgrade_tools_check -v R81 patch <name file>

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The way I read this is that you can’t use the migrate_server utility to backup/restore to the same version, only upgrade.
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

In which case, I’d try one of:

• The legacy migration tools (migrate export) provided your system is running the same version/JHF as your customers.
  • Run migrate_server with R81.10 as a target and import it to a fresh-installed R81.10 system

I recommend the latter approach, personally.

0 Kudos
Fernando_Lopez
Contributor

I ran the command for R81.10.

New resources in VM with GAIA R81.10+Take 79 installed. Pre-export i removed files of de patch $FWDIR/fw1/lib/user.def, $FWDIR/fw1/lib/user_early.def.
Verify Ok
Export Ok
Import Fail in Resources New R81.10

Results in attached files.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events