Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

Upgrade Checkpoint Identity Agent from console

Hello everybody!

Please help inexperienced user.

Does checkpoint have the ability to install and update the version of Checkpoint Identity Agent from its own console?

Our administrator assures that there are no such mechanisms and these actions can be performed only through AD.

If possible, please send me a link. Thanks.

WBR

Konstantin

kokv@reso.ru

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Konstantin,

The identity agent can be distributed/updated by the following means:

1) Distribution of the msi via group policy or another software distribution system (sccm etc)

2) Captive Portal - you have the option of directing users to a captive portal to obtain the latest version of the agent and they install manually. 

3) Configure the Identity Awareness blade to check for agent upgrades. This is dependant on the hardware and OS platform used as the SMB appliances do have some limitations. 

If you can advise on the setup (hardware/software) we can advise accordingly. 

Identity Awareness R80.10 Administration Guide 

Regards

Mark

Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

Hi, Mark!

Thank you very much for your reply!

That is, there is no mechanism for updating versions from the console? Is there a script to check the installed version and if it is old automatically update without user intervention?

0 Kudos
Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

! We use Windows 7 and Windows 10 on clients.

0 Kudos
Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

And another task: if the client PC version of Check Point Endpoint Security (SandBlast) 80.89 is installed - it must be removed and version 80.90 installed. If version 80.90 is already installed  - do nothing.

0 Kudos
Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Konstantin, 

There is no way in which to update the client from SmartConsole. It has to be client initiated. I.e browse to captive portal, identity agent checks in etc. 

You could write a script to check for an installed version, but that is more of a Software Distribution on Windows thing than Check Point. I know that with SCCM a deployment can have a script attached that will check for pre-reqs or certain versions for update. If you are using group policy I assume you could do something similar. That would require either writing a Powershell or vbscript that would run on the client that would check locally installed versions and then if it was deemed to be upgrade-able by the script it could run the msi file associated with your Identity Agent. 

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

Thanks. I've already come to the same conclusion Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Konstantin_Kosa
Explorer

The question is closed.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events