Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikhail_Demin
Explorer

Traffic acceleration turn off

What'll happened when i'll perform "fwaccel off"? Gateway just will more slowly process  new connections?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

As per sk162492 it will depend on the gateway version.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Mikhail_Demin
Explorer

Im my case version is 77.30
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

It will disable acceleration until turned back on or the gateway is rebooted, are you trying to troubleshoot something in particular?

Typically it is recommend to do this (only temporarily) out of peak times or with headroom to cater for a load increase.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Mikhail_Demin
Explorer

Yes, i want to perform this for troubleshoot something. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

If after running fwaccel off you find that whatever issue you have is solved, instead of turning of SecureXL for all traffic permanently via cpconfig, consider excluding the problematic IP address(es) from acceleration as described here:

sk104468: How to disable SecureXL for specific IP addresses

After defining this exclusion everything matching it will always go F2F/slowpath, which has the side effect of making the matched traffic fully visible if using fw monitor.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Generally you should not disable SecureXL except for troubleshooting as it will cause a pretty significant performance impact.
If disabling SecureXL solves an issue, then TAC should be involved.
Of course, since you're on an unsupported version now, you'll most likely have to upgrade to resolve the issue.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events