cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SantosJoao
Participant

Too few data on SmartView Reports

Hello All,

I was generating a report for one of our domains, and I could see that the report returned too few data compared to the logs on the same timespan. In comparison, for another domain that we also have, the report showed all the expected data. Have you already faced something like this? I tried to generate the logs both on SmartView and SmartConsole and the outcome was the same, removed any filters but still the behavior continues. This is a multidomain environment, and these two domains I mentioned are managed by the same Manager.

Attached are some screenshots showing the issue. They were all filtered for the last 24 hours and on that example, the host with the Brazil's flag on the report returned 1 log but on the logs view returned much more

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Version/JHF of management?
What is the nature of the rules related to the traffic you're trying to run reports on?
Specifically, are they rules that involve Applications (versus Services)?

0 Kudos
SantosJoao
Participant

Hello PhoneBoy,

The version is R81.10 JHF take 150. The report in this case is the Network Activity standard report that came with the box, it's being used to get details from the firewall blade and firewall rules

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I found in the lab, since I run dedicated smart event, there were way more options when I upgraded to R81.20 originally. Now, its on jumbo 76, so definitely something to think about.

If there is specific report you want me to test, please let me know.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Firewall Blade meaning only simple TCP/UDP services in your rulebase, correct?
Activity with these rules are not indexed by SmartEvent by default.
Ensure that firewall sessions are enabled on the various rules by right-clicking on the Track field and enabling the appropriate checkbox.image.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events