Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Support website annoyance

Two separate annoyances, I guess. The first one:

I have a bunch of firewalls which aren't allowed to talk to the Internet. Every single time I try to download the latest CPUSE build so I can update them, the site tells me "You are not entitled to download this file."

I have a support contract, so I clearly am entitled to download it. What I need to do is log in. The site should send users to the login page before telling them they're not allowed to do something which they are allowed to do.

The issue is trivial to reproduce. Just copy this link to CPUSE 2243 and open it in a private browsing session. The same thing (but with a different message) happens when trying to view an SK article which requires a support contract. No login page before telling me I need a support contract. No link to log in on the refusal page.

Second annoyance, found when trying to report the first one: where do we report problems with the website? They're not problems with the product, so the TAC doesn't know what to do with them. Not problems with a license or with my account, so Account Services is right out. Our sales team?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Annoyance 1 -> does not happen for me following your steps

Annoyance 2 -> I guess your SE

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Are you using a private browser session? I've reproduced it in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge on Windows and macOS in multiple locations. It's extremely consistent.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yes sir, as a matter of fact I tested on 8 different browsers :). I will try another computer shortly.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, so tried another PC and its mixed. On chrome, I get your issue, but NOT on mozilla and edge. If I test regular opera and opera GX browsers, its inconsistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

0 Kudos
Sergei_Shir
Employee
Employee

(1) Immediate workaround for the download issue:

Look in the top right corner of the web page

• If it shows "My Account", you must click it and log in
    Download_Not_Entitled.png

• If it shows "<YOUR FULL NAME>", try to log out and log in again (or use the Incognito / Private window)

Next Step:

If you log in, the web site shows your name, yet you still get the message "Not entitled", then contact Check Point Account Services (create a "Non-Technical Issue" ticket)

One of the possible root causes is a missing configuration in your Check Point User Center account

P.S.

The message "please click here" contains the link to sk44159 that explains - you need to log in, how to do it, and how to contact Account Services

(2) The issue with SK articles

The message contains the link to log in

Example:

SK_Sign_In.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

1) That brings up another problem. Your site keeps serving me phone pages. There is no "My Account" in the upper right, nor does it appear in the hamburger menu:

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 16.53.32.png

Yes, the "click here" link in the refusal message eventually takes you to a link to log in. It's not visible on the SK article by default. You have to expand the "After I clicked a download link,  the web page shows 'You are not entitled to download this file', or 'Insufficient Privileges for this File'." section. Three clicks to get to the login page, one of which is to expose a link which is hidden. Not a great user experience.

Ultimately, my point is it shouldn't be possible to get that message unless you are logged in, and the user you're logged in as doesn't have permission. Load community.checkpoint.com in a private browsing session and hit the "Create a Post" button. It doesn't tell you you need to sign in before creating a post, it just takes you to the login page. The support site should work at least that well.

If there's an official ticket system or whatever for website issues, I'll gladly open a ticket and put the weight of my support contract behind it.

2) I'll have to track down the specific SK where I hit that problem, but it just gave me a "You aren't entitled to see this" without the "To view this solution you need to Sign In" message. I noticed it when browsing from a machine I don't normally use, but the article did the same thing on my normal computer.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with you, but reason for why you see what you see is cause you are doing it on Mac (or iphone, or ipad...makes no difference), NOT Windows. I had same issue on my personal macbook. Regardless, I get the point you are making.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

It's definitely not a Mac thing. I get exactly the same thing on Windows 10 with Chromium-based Edge:

2022-10-31.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I never said it was due to using Mac : ). Ok, maybe I worded it wrong...what I meant was you dont see "my account" because you were using Mac. Mind you, you are 100% correct, regardless mac or windows, issue is there.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Found the SK where I saw the issue: sk86521. Load this in a private browsing session:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 11.20-05.00.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events