Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihenock1011
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Smartview log export

Hi All,

I want to optimize a rule written for a specific service and I wrote two rules. The first rule allows any source to a specific server, and the second rule allows that specific server to any destination. After about 15 days of learning the rule, I want to extract the logs. What I need to know is: Is it possible in SmartView to export logs from those specific rules only, or what kind of mechanism can I use?

Thanks

(1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

If you want to export only logs for specific rule(s), you can use rule UID. In SmartConsole, right click on specific rule number and select "Copy rule UID". Then go to the Web SmartView and paste that rule UID into search field. If more rules are needed to be exported, just add "OR" between rule UIDs in search field. Once logs are loaded, follow steps by Andy 😉 

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

View solution in original post

4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats an excellent question. Let me test this in the lab and see what options it gives. I also have dedicated smart event server going, so might be possible there as well.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is this similar to what you might be after?

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Collaborator

@the_rock Thanks a lot it works as I was intended. Thanks a lot

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

If you want to export only logs for specific rule(s), you can use rule UID. In SmartConsole, right click on specific rule number and select "Copy rule UID". Then go to the Web SmartView and paste that rule UID into search field. If more rules are needed to be exported, just add "OR" between rule UIDs in search field. Once logs are loaded, follow steps by Andy 😉 

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events