Share sk85460 for Explanation about Cilient side NAT and Server side NAT

Hello 👋 

Please share below sk for 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The link is here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
Note that it is not allowed to directly share the contents SK articles on CheckMates.
If you cannot access this SK, it is likely because you are not associated with an account that has an active support agreement.

The TL;DR is that Client Side NAT happens before the packet is routed by the Security Gateway.
Server Side NAT is a legacy setting and means NAT happens AFTER the packet is routed by the Security Gateway.
Your routing table must be configured to route the packet out the correct interface, which isn't necessary with Client Side NAT.

I am not aware of any reason one should use Server Side NAT over Client Side NAT, which has been the default for many, many versions.

0 Kudos
Vinayakkumar_An
Explorer

Hello

Unable to download sk as I don't have privilege to download SK document. So please can anyone upload sk85460 pdf copy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Like I said before, it is not permissible to share the full contents of SKs on CheckMates in whatever form (PDF, copy/paste, etc).

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events