Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FortiBoy
Explorer
Jump to solution

SNMP VPN tunnel Bandwidth by tunnel

Hello,

According to an old topic (https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/VPN-Throughput-SNMP/td-p/109494), it seems not possible to get bandwidth by tunnel with snmp (only with smart view monitor).

But the post is old and maybe there is an improvement to retrieve this information? Anyone has added a bandwidth snmp monitoring by tunnel communities ? How the smart view monitor retrieve this data ?

Regards,

Quentin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In R82 Early Availability:

• Introducing the Advanced VPN Monitoring tool that shows information on each VPN Tunnel and tracks its health and performance.

Not sure if this will translate to SNMP or not.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

sk90860 mentioned in that thread is up to date, so the info is still relevant. 

0 Kudos
FortiBoy
Explorer

Thanks for your feedback. So no way to do that ?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

At this point, dont believe its possible. In R82, as Phoneboy mentioned, it should be.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In R82 Early Availability:

• Introducing the Advanced VPN Monitoring tool that shows information on each VPN Tunnel and tracks its health and performance.

Not sure if this will translate to SNMP or not.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Btw, if you need to test anything in R82, I have a lab, so hit me up any time, happy to do it. Since I see your username, I also have Forti OS 7.6 in the lab too, pretty interesting 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
FortiBoy
Explorer

Yes it could be interesting to see if there is more objects with R82. A snmpwalk of .1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.500.9002 (.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.checkpoint.tables.tunnelTable) doesn't contains tunnel statistics.

The other interesting OID is .1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.2.5.2 (.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.checkpoint.products.vpn.cpvIpsec.cpvSaStatistics) and .1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.2.5.4 (.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.checkpoint.products.vpn.cpvIpsec.cpvIpsecStatistics) but it's only global IPSEC statistics and not possible to filter it by tunnel.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Correct, last one, Im fairly sure cant be filtered per tunnel.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events