cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Replacing RSS in SupportCenter

With the recent reimplementation of SupportCenter, we've had to rebuild various features and functionality that previously existed.
This includes the various ways our customers/partners are notified of changes to SK.
As of now, we've reimplemented email subscriptions for various items, including:

• Product and Security Alerts
  • Specific SKs 
  • Specific Products (or even all)

The Product/Security Alerts are sent same day.
The other SK updates are collected and sent in batch on Sundays.

However, there have been many requests for an RSS feed like we previously had.
Unfortunately, a big problem with RSS is that feed readers tend to handle the data quite differently.
We are, therefore, looking at other options.

I had a meeting with the SupportCenter team today and there are a couple of possible options:

• Have a webpage with recent SK updates
  • Exposing the data via API in JSON (thus making it usable in other systems)

Based on the comments in this thread: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/RSS-feed-for-checkpoint-com-is-not-working-any-mo...
I believe these are steps in the right direction.

However, we'd like to hear your feedback on the issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

I personal would like to see a page with new SK's and updated SK's. (Can also be e-mail)

Especially if there is an important SK for example regarding a CVE, you would like to be aware when something has changed and more info has been added. Would save time on pressing the refresh button and check if it has changed. 

Also keep this in mind, i don't think you can open up all SK's via API and everyone can read it. Without the proper support contracts:

There are three access levels in SecureKnowledge: General, Advanced and Expert:

• General access to SecureKnowledge is available to everyone, without registration.

Extended access to more advanced information is by your Support contract, certification, and or participation in specific Partner programs:

• Advanced users see the information available to General users, plus the information in the Advanced level.
  • Expert users see the information available to General, Advanced and Expert users.

Also free bump to the top of the page!

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The SK team showed me a page they have for internal purposes that, with some modifications, could fit the bill here.

I believe the only restriction on Advanced/Expert now is you need to be logged in.
This changed a while back (before the new SupportCenter).
The previous RSS feed only showed the basic information (sk and title), so you still needed to login to retrieve the SK content.
The JSON equivalent would be similar, only showing basic information that lets you know the SK was updated.

In any case, I’d like to see what others have to say on the topic.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events