Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KostasGR
Advisor
Jump to solution

RSS feed for checkpoint.com is not working any more

Hello community

The below RSS feed for checkpoint.com is not working any more.

BR,
Kostas
0 Kudos
47 Replies
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

The challenge is that a lot of us are not working in an CP only environment.  We support everything from Azure, AWS, FN, PA etc. etc.

These vendors all provide an RSS feed, so the key point for me is I have a single interface and workflow to at a glance be updated on various aspects of the respective vendor offerings.

Yes, looking at it in isolation we can get the information from the Support Center, but that is not the point.  CP had an offering that was used by many people and worked well in a multi-vendor context.  This has now been removed.  This introduces complexity (no matter how minor) and additional time demands to achieve the same outcome.

0 Kudos
(1)
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

I totally agree. Login into the usercenter, makes no sense. If we look away from the fact that login mechanism is mostly broken. 
it is simply not the way to work. Login into each vendors support portal is the alternative?? Laughable. 
we scrape the rss feed and post automatically into various Teams channels informing relevant teams based on product and criticality.  
we are +70 engineers with different backgrounds. Allowing customers to use their own tooling is the way to go. Not locking content behind a support portal. 

/Henrik

(1)
Lesley
Advisor

Maybe it has something to do with the different SK levels. Not all is open to the public:

There are three access levels in SecureKnowledge: General, Advanced and Expert:

• General access to SecureKnowledge is available to everyone, without registration.

Extended access to more advanced information is by your Support contract, certification, and or participation in specific Partner programs:

• Advanced users see the information available to General users, plus the information in the Advanced level.
  • Expert users see the information available to General, Advanced and Expert users.
-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

I couldn't agree with you more.

It is also very important to me.

0 Kudos
Cristian_F_CCSM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, please think again because for us partners it is really very useful and precious.

Thanks

Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

I have received from our CAM that rss feeds will be re-introduced end Q1.

We will see in exactly what format 🙂 

(1)
David_C
Explorer

Hello, I'm totally agree. RSS is a very simple and powerfull tool.
It's maybe old but it's so effective. Thanks to editors to keep alive this information channel.

Glad to know it will be re-introduced end Q1 for Checkpoint.
We stay attentive 👀

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Hey People,

Any news? Q1 is gone...

0 Kudos
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Any news on a working RSS feed?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

According to my internal sources, there is currently no plan to provide an RSS feed of SK articles.
From what I can tell from reading documentation, the current platform we're using for SupportCenter doesn't provide this functionality.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

ok so can you please give us an alternative way to stay updated with new/updated SKs?

this is just critical to provide best quality in professional services to our customer, so this is critical to whole Check Point system 

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/search#sortCriteria=%40last_updated_time%20descending&f-commons...

Sorts latest and updated SK's on top. 

-------
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

Better than nothing... thank you

Anyway consulting a web page manually is a big downgrade, back to '90s... i'm so sorry to say but this is a huge failure in check point team, so sorry... hope in a future fix

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I'll see what the plan is for reviving the old email subscriptions to specific SK topics.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In the next few weeks, you should see the ability to subscribe to new and changed content via email: https://support.checkpoint.com/my-subscriptions

Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Hey @PhoneBoy 

read back a few pages, and you will see a rss feed was promissed in Q1

I have no idea why members of the community keep suggesting login into the supportportal and searching manually for sks.
It makes no sense and has already been discussed and debunked in this thread. 

please make sure such a feed is provided. 
and yes, if Check Point want to climb out of 1990 then maybe even provide this info through an API. 

Thanks,

Henrik

(1)
Lesley
Advisor

Well at least I give an alternative, if it is not for you don't get all salty to my suggestions there is no need. Maybe you act more like a community as this is the purpose of the website. Instead of posting inrelevant stuff about the 1990's. 

-------
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, that information turned out to be incorrect.
I understand the frustration as I was also using that RSS feed.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events