cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_TK
Collaborator
Jump to solution

R81.20 not "recommended" yet

As the title says, just wondering when...   Released 5 months ago, seems a bit longer to move to recommended than past releases.  Maybe i'm just too geeked up to get going with it. 

Any ETA on the recommended blessing?

TIA

0 Kudos
(1)
38 Replies
Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

Could please you indicate if management is already good to go for production environments in the current state of R81.20 + T10 or if it's really better to wait for those important fixes?

I see more and more requests from customers to implement SAML for logging into the console to go along the rest of their applications and this requires R81.20.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can tell you from my experience and tests I did, mgmt is super SOLID, even with jumbo 14 installed. I had couple customers upgrade as well (just mgmt for now) and they are super happy they did.

Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

I'm less concerned with upgrading an SMS to a GA not yet recommended than a gateway, but right now some customers really need the SAML features for policy/compliance reasons and I know some will mention the fact the version isn't yet recommended.

A suggestion, if the GA - Recommended cycle takes months, maybe split it between products like SMS, MDS, VSX, Gateway, CloudGuard, but that might be more confusing actually.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If you're managing cloud environments I would suggest holding until recommended (see sk181167).

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

That seems like an important SK which should appear at the top of Important Notes for the JHF.

Can it be circumvented just by uninstalling Take 95 until whatever's next becomes Recommended?

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Legend Legend
Legend

Gotta say I've been working with R81.20 GA extensively in the Shadow Peak VMWare lab for my Gateway Performance Optimization class and also running the R81.20 versions of the CCSA/CCSE classes, and R81.20 GA has been rock solid with nary a blip, crash,  or strange problem.  This is especially impressive given that by the end of the GPO class my lab hardware is being pushed to its CPU limits, with cooling fans screaming due to the high CPU loads being incurred by the fully-optimized gateways pushing huge amounts of throughput.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Has there been any feedback for VSX running R81.20?

0 Kudos
Paul_Hagyard
Advisor

Has anyone had any experience with SmartProvisioning/LSM on R81.20 management? Have a reasonable fleet of 1200Rs currently managed on R80.40.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I tested it in my lab, no issues so far.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events