We closed the release but as we release by quality and not by date, therefore the release may still take more days (pending more EA feedback).
i would certainly hope to have it released in the next days but as said, if we find blockers we may delays
In the new process of releasing frequent releases (started in r80.30) when we do release, we recommend it for those that need the new features now, We then take few more weeks to gain confidence (after more deployments), usually release also a jumbo ... and then we recommend it for wider/default use.
So ... If you do not plan to leverage new content of r80.40 in day one, use r80.30 as its safe and widely used. If you do plan to leverage the new capabilities of r80.40 immediately, you can wait a bit more.