Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Val_
Admin
Admin

R80.30 Early Availability Program is started!

CheckMaters, we have good news for you: R80.30 EA Production Program is now open for registration!

R80.30, part of the Check Point Infinity architecture, delivers the most innovative and effective security that keeps our customers protected against large scale, fifth generation cyber threats.

Who qualifies for the EA program

• We are looking for Production environment and customers that would like to work directly with R&D
  • Existing working environments in R80.20 / R80.10 / R77.30

Registration

23 Replies
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Finger crossed for full API coverage ...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

So far, R80.30 EA API version 1.5 doesn't have any new commands, just 3 were updated:

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

We barely have R80.20 in GA and it's not yet in the recommended packages over R80.10. Whate are the features that are going to be in R80.30 that justify an iteration, except I suppose going on kernel 3.10 for everything?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Safe to assume 3.10 kernel on everything is one feature.

As for the other features, not sure we've made the list public yet, but it's a reasonable sized list of new features.

Stay tuned Smiley Happy

Vato_Chantladze
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Based on 3.x kernel, It should be released for R80.20 SG in Q1/Q2 - Is this info still valid or I missed something?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Believe this is the plan, yes. 

0 Kudos
RickHoppe
Advisor

Looks promising. Any idea when the Public EA program will be launched?

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We have to have positive results with the Private Production EA before we release a Public EA. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

We usually a couple of private EA cycles before public EA is on. I would say, a couple of months, give or take 

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

But you don't have much time to test in the public EA phase anymore. Dorit says that R80.30 GA should come in Q1:-)

More see here:
When will R80.30 GA be available? 

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
RickHoppe
Advisor

True...but after that statement, and perhaps also the discussion, they did start a Public EA. If you start testing (private EA preferred, if not than public EA)  you’re better prepared for the GA and it will also benefit the quality of the GA.

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Can you share a screenshot (or multiple screenhshots) of what you mean with the SmartConsole changes?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Gomboragchaa
Advisor

Finally arriving DPD with 3rd party VPN 

Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

Thumbs up for "Support of VSX VS-ID in Netflow"

Will it also be possible to setup different netflow recipients for different VS's ?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Hi, just a short update, we're now offering Public EA of R80.30!

You can register via usercenter.checkpoint.com:

• UserCenter: TRY OUR PRODUCTS > Early Availability Programs > CPEA-EVAL-R80.30
  • PartnerMAP: LEARN > Early Availability Programs > CPEA-EVAL-R80.30

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

How to get access for CloudGuard r80.30 on Azure? I'm mainly interested on improved SNI. Dameon Welch-Abernathy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As far as I know we don't have an Azure image yet, but it can't hurt to apply to the EA program.

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Nice new functions:

- SNI
- VPN MEP with DPD

Will you support TLS 1.3 with R80.30?

With encrypted ClusterXL CCP I am looking forward to debuggingSmiley Happy.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Martin_Valenta
Advisor

About tls 1.3 i would also like to know, how CP want's to address HTTPS categorisation without traffic decryption, since with tls 1.3 it's not possible to see initial SSL conversation.. 

TLS 1.3 Is Moving Forward: What You Need to Know Today to Get Ready - Gigamon Blog 

"Another area of potential impact is that with TLS 1.3 all packets in the handshake after the initial client hello are encrypted. This includes the server certificates. Network security solutions that relied on understanding the information in the TLS handshake – for example examining the server certificate to help identify self-signed certificates or other anomalous situations – will no longer be able to do so."

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I have just noticed that the packages of R80.30 EA have been updated (T155):

image.png

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Damien_Duchenne
Explorer

Is there a way to see the release notes ? I can't find this information...
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

BTW: The kernel in R80.30EA is still old:

image.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not surprised based on the fact there is a separate ISO for Gateway and Management.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events