Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard_Carson
Contributor

R80.20 multi queue problem - interface pending reboot

We a gateway and post reboot an interface that was previously working in MQ had popped out and was showing as 'pending on'

Active ixgbe interfaces:

eth1-01 [On]

eth1-02 [On]

eth1-03 [On]

eth1-04 [Pending On]

It is  under investigation by TAC as to the cause of this.

However - does any one know a way of monitor the status of interfaces in MQ so that we can alert (trap\syslog) if this scenario has occurred?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My question is: How did you get that information to begin with?
You could probably write up a quick monitoring script and send an snmptrap or whatever when the condition occurs.
0 Kudos
Richard_Carson
Contributor

cpmq get

It does look like a script is the way to go, mq status not current available with any out of the box monitoring

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

@Richard_Carson did you get a response why did it happen? I just got the same on R80.30 T215! Added more cores to MQ (10>12) and after that one of the interfaces would stay on Pending ON state

0 Kudos
Richard_Carson
Contributor

Hi Kaspars

It was to do with the number of IRQs available to the kernel assign being exceeded. We fixed it by removing any unused interfaces that take up a IRQs assignments even though they are not being used (i.e expansion card interfaces), after doing this problem was resolved. Not helpful if you do not have unused cards to remove!

I believe this is addressed in the new kernel but not had the opportunity to find out yet

--risc

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need 3.10 kernel. And most probably Dynamic Split with it 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events