Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalvinPiggott
Explorer
Jump to solution

Quantum Spark VM

Hello All,

I have successfully deployed Quantum Edge in VMware Workstation for lab purposes.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to run mainstream Spark firmware (R81.10.xx) in a VM instance and if so, what were the challenges and how were they overcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Quantum EDGE was a version of the Quantum Spark firmware that was designed to run in a VM...on Intel-based hardware.
Quantum EDGE will be End of Support at the end of 2024.

Quantum Spark appliances use ARM processors.
Which means, for the firmware to work, the emulator must support ARM processors, which standard VMware on Intel processors definitely will not.
Even if the virtualization supports ARM, it doesn't necessarily include the other hardware the firmware likely relies on being present.

For Partners, we offer a Quantum Spark blueprint in Techpoint/DemoPoint where you can experiment with a virtual Quantum Spark appliance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Quantum EDGE was a version of the Quantum Spark firmware that was designed to run in a VM...on Intel-based hardware.
Quantum EDGE will be End of Support at the end of 2024.

Quantum Spark appliances use ARM processors.
Which means, for the firmware to work, the emulator must support ARM processors, which standard VMware on Intel processors definitely will not.
Even if the virtualization supports ARM, it doesn't necessarily include the other hardware the firmware likely relies on being present.

For Partners, we offer a Quantum Spark blueprint in Techpoint/DemoPoint where you can experiment with a virtual Quantum Spark appliance.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

When I saw your post, demo point was the first thing that came to my mind. But, keep in mind, that is ONLY available to partners. Its super easy to configure, lab is ready in less than 5 mins and you have smb appliance and windows vm behind that fw. Those labs are good for 4 hours.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events