Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

Okta vs DUO?

Does anyone use or have an good/bad opinion on either Okta or DUO 2FA?  I have a customer asking which is better suited for use with Capsule VPN.  A quick Google search shows both are pretty neck and neck, so does anyone have any other real world input to offer?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I know we did an integration guide with Okta at some point, not sure about Duo.
Both would have to integrate to us via RADIUS.
0 Kudos
Nüüül
Advisor

Hi,

you can have a look at this:

https://duo.com/docs/checkpoint

Basically you will need to use a RADIUS as proxy towards DUO.

For me, I installed and am using it with an ASA SSL VPN. That works like a charm, but needed some manipulation of the portal site for having checked the requesting client (recent browser version, OS, and so). I don´t know if this is possible with Check Point VPN. I Assume, here you can use DUO as plain 2FA provider. Enrollment was Easy too. QR Code to scan with mobile phone click, click, done.

They also provide Trial Access if you want to test it before buying.

Hope that helps a bit

Daniel

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

When used for strictly MFA purposes, both are good, but if that's the only use case you are looking at, the RSA Authentication Manager may be a better fit due to the native integration with Check Point:

https://www.rsa.com/en-us/products/rsa-securid-suite/rsa-securid-access/identity-packaging

If, on the other hand, you are planning to use extended offerings of the vendor's solution, Okta has a lot more to offer.

0 Kudos
Royi_Priov
Employee
Employee

Hi @biskit ,

Both Okta and DUO support RADIUS protocol, which can be integrate into Capsule VPN clients.

We also plan to add SAML integration later on this year, to Identity Awareness and Mobile Access, which both mentioned vendors also support them.

Thanks,

Royi.

Thanks,
Royi Priov
Group manager, Identity Awareness R&D
Herold
Contributor

Can OKTA and DUO also be used for Endpoint vpn client 2FA?
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, when integrated via RADIUS.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events