Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

ONELINER - Password Bulk Operation (CVE-2024-24919)

These three oneliners allow you to reset the passwords of all users in the SmartConsole or to restrict access of all users.

Important!

If you run this onliner on the Smart Center Server, all users settings will be changed accordingly.
You should therefore back up the management server first. More read here:
- sk108902: Best Practices - Backup on Gaia OS (I would recommend a snapshot or a migrate server export of the SMS.)

Set all users to ‘undefined’

This onliner sets all users defined in the SmartConsole under ‘User’ to ‘undefined’ as bulk operation.
This means that users can no longer log in using their username and password.

undef_bulk_54354345.jpg

1) Execute this oneliner on SMS

clear; echo -e "CVE-2024-24919 password bulk operation by Heiko Ankenbrand 2024\n\n";mgmt_cli -r true show users details-level "full" limit 500 offset 0 | grep name | grep -v SMC | awk '{split($0,a," "); print a[2]}' |sed 's/\"//g' |sed 's/\n//' | tr -d '\r'  |awk '$test=$0;{system("echo -n $test")}' >user.txt ; for i in $(cat user.txt); do   test1=" ende"; test="mgmt_cli -r true set user name \""${i}"\" authentication-method \"undefined\""; echo -e "\n\n${test}";$test; done;

2) Install the policy in the SmartConsole after you have run this onliner

Set all user to the same password

This onliner sets all users defined in the SmartConsole under ‘User’ to default password as bulk operation.
This means that all users then have the password they have set.
undef_bulk_2_432423423.jpg

clear; echo -e "CVE-2024-24919 password bulk operation by Heiko Ankenbrand 2024\n\n";read -p "Default password for all user (max. 8 characters): " pass;mgmt_cli -r true show users details-level "full" limit 500 offset 0 | grep name | grep -v SMC | awk '{split($0,a," "); print a[2]}' |sed 's/\"//g' |sed 's/\n//' | tr -d '\r'  |awk '$test=$0;{system("echo -n $test")}' >user.txt ; for i in $(cat user.txt); do   test1=" ende"; test="'mgmt_cli -r true set user name \""${i}"\" authentication-method \"check point password\" password \""${pass}"\"'"; test=${test//\'}; echo -e "\n\n${test}"; echo $test |awk '{system($0)}'; done;

Set all users to random passwords

This onliner sets all users defined in the SmartConsole under ‘User’ to random password as bulk operation.
This means that all users are set to a ‘random’ password. An overview of the set passwords is shown in the file pass.txt. 

undef_bulk_3_43765356.jpg

clear; echo "" > pass.txt; echo -e "CVE-2024-24919 password bulk operation by Heiko Ankenbrand 2024\n\n";mgmt_cli -r true show users details-level "full" limit 500 offset 0| grep name | grep -v SMC | awk '{split($0,a," "); print a[2]}' |sed 's/\"//g' |sed 's/\n//' | tr -d '\r'  |awk '$test=$0;{system("echo -n $test")}' >user.txt ; for i in $(cat user.txt); do pass=$(tr -dc A-Za-z0-9 </dev/urandom | head -c 8;); test="'mgmt_cli -r true set user name \""${i}"\" authentication-method \"check point password\" password \""${pass}"\"'"; test=${test//\'}; echo -e "\n\n${test}"; echo $test |awk '{system($0)}'; echo "${i} ${pass}" >> pass.txt;  done; echo -e "\n\nYou can find the users with the randomly set passwords in the following file: pass.txt \n\nUser   Password\n-------------------------------"; more pass.txt;

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
3 Replies
GHOST
Participant

Very helpful oneliner to change passwords quickly and easily.
Thanks @HeikoAnkenbrand 

0 Kudos
GHaider
Contributor

thanks for the script just tested the 3rd one, but it only works for the first 50 users...to make it work for 500 you have to add:

mgmt_cli -r true show users details-level "full" limit 500 offset 0

and for the next 500 users:

mgmt_cli -r true show users details-level "full" limit 500 offset 500

hope this helps... 

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

@GHaider Thanks for this tip. I have added the following to the oneliner ‘limit 500 offset 0’.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events