cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Necessary components of modern infrastructure security

I'd like to have your input on what components supposed to comprise modern infrastructure security. Check Point undeniably has one of the broadest offerings, but in a real life environments it is frequently paired with and augmented by other products.

I'm not so much interested in particular vendor offerings, but in concepts and categories that could and should be used to maximize the effectiveness of Check Point stack.

Please chime in.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello Vladimir its a great question , I'm currently taking to reference all the Infinity Architecture, this Architecture covers mobile security (endpoint and smartphones), cloud security, network security and a consolidated security management.

Check Point INFINITY - Cloud, Mobile, Threat Prevention | Check Point Software 

Also the Software Defined Protection paper is a good start to review some implementations.

Software-Defined Protection (SDP) | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Hi Pablo.

Thank you for participating.

Frankly, I have expected better turnout in this discussion:)

I think that recognizing when solution is Not applicable is as important as recognizing when it is. Else, as a security practitioner I am doing disservice to both, my clients and vendors who's solutions I am implementing.

Therefore, I am trying to map-out the areas where Check Point's strength could and should be supplemented by other solutions and identify those by functionality. I am trying to stay vendor agnostic in order not to spark fan wars.

Even if I will not interest anyone in this project, I will likely write an article on the subject and place it here. It likely will suffer from bias and will miss a bunch of data if no one else will be here to provide much needed criticism and alternative view-points.

Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

0 Kudos
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Helo Vladimir could yo please post your article when you have finish it, its going to be a good insight to analize strengths and weakness of some its solutions.

Also this information is quite usefull

Check Point – Multi-layered defense for an evolving threat landscape with ESG Analyst Jon Oltsik 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events