Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabioLima1
Contributor
Jump to solution

NEW CLUSTER VSX - MDS 81.10

Hello! Good night everybody.

I need to upload a new vsx cluster in a production environment that has several domains, in one of these domains I need to upload a new cluster. However, the customer does not remember the password they used for the SIC on the gateways that are in production. It will be possible to reset this SIC without impacting the environment. I would be very grateful if anyone could send me a procedure for this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

The SIC keys are one-time-use keys that are discarded when the gateways are connected to the management servers. It doesn't matter what any existing gateways used as a SIC key, if they are connected up that key is meaningless. New SIC keys are required every time you connect a new gateway to the management server, you configure it on the gateway when doing the first time wizard (or afterwards in the cpconfig menu) and you input the same key in SmartConsole when connecting up that gateway.

View solution in original post

(1)
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk86521

There is link at the bottom how to do this on vsx with little downtime, but nothing comes up when I try open it : - (

Andy

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend
(1)
emmap
Employee
Employee

The SIC keys are one-time-use keys that are discarded when the gateways are connected to the management servers. It doesn't matter what any existing gateways used as a SIC key, if they are connected up that key is meaningless. New SIC keys are required every time you connect a new gateway to the management server, you configure it on the gateway when doing the first time wizard (or afterwards in the cpconfig menu) and you input the same key in SmartConsole when connecting up that gateway.

(1)
FabioLima1
Contributor

thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@FabioLima1 Btw, I think I totally misunderstood your query and @emmap is absolutely correct. SIC key is one time encrypted key that never gets stored anywhere, so you can use even 1234 or abcd, its totally fine. I thought you were more wondering if there is a way to reset SIC without having to do cpstop: cpstart. If that was your question, then I suppose my SKs would be relevant.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events