Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihenock1011
Advisor
Jump to solution

Manual NAT vs Static NAT

Hi All,

We have checkpoint security gateway r81.10 and We want to publish our web server to the public and we do a Manual NAT from the public IP to the local IP as below ;

Original Source : any

Original Destination: Public IP of my Web Server

Original Services: 443

Translated Source: original

Translated Destination: Local IP of my Web Server

Translated Services: original

However, the system is not reachable from public and I do Static NAT and It works what did I miss in the configuration and also is that possible to use the same public IP with different ports for different services I know it is possible to do in router is it possible to do on my gateways using Manual NAT?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CaseyB
Advisor

That could be the issue.

If you are allowing the Internet to a RFC1918 address, then only the static NAT would work. If you are doing the manual NAT, you need to allow the public.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
G_W_Albrecht
Legend Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The public IP is this on the same subnet as the external interface address or different i.e. 

Do you need and have you configured proxy-arp to support the NAT?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Advisor

@Chris_Atkinson The ISP provides the public and it is not mapped to any interface on the firewall side, we do routing to reach the firewall from the ISP router. I didn't do any Proxy-arp also.

0 Kudos
CaseyB
Advisor

What does the firewall rule look like when it does not work?

0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Advisor

The rule is the same in both cases.

0 Kudos
CaseyB
Advisor

That could be the issue.

If you are allowing the Internet to a RFC1918 address, then only the static NAT would work. If you are doing the manual NAT, you need to allow the public.

Ihenock1011
Advisor

@CaseyB Okay let me check then.

0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Advisor

@CaseyB Thanks a lot it is working now by allowing the public instead of RFC1918 address.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events