Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhOPP
Participant
Jump to solution

License for home use

Hi,

Since at work we use CP as main FW I need to learn a lot about it. I have some L2 skills with Cisco (CCNA) and few less with L3 networking and firewalls, VPNs etc.

I use 14day in my lab at work in eve-ng. But now I get idea to use CP as my FW at home as VM. Is it possible to get free license for some longer periode of time (few mounts or maybe 1year?) so I can train on my own network with real WAN connection and few servers in DMZ and LAN?

On CP page I noticed I can generate 30day license, but since I am slow at learning this period is a bit too short for me 🙂 I dont know if you offer that kind of license, but if you dont ask, you dont know 🙂

On more time, I want to use license on real (home) network, not just on emulators.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your Check Point SE may be able to get a longer-term eval license.
However, you can also extend your existing evaluation by generating another 30-day eval license.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im sure its possible, but your best bet might be your local CP Sales person. They would probably be the best person to ask for something like that. You could also inquire about it with Account services, but I would be shocked if they could provide anything more than basic 30 day eval.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your Check Point SE may be able to get a longer-term eval license.
However, you can also extend your existing evaluation by generating another 30-day eval license.

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

One solution could be an old decommissioned branded box. The 3100 and 3200 sell on eBay for maybe $150 in the US. They have mostly-permanent licenses associated with the MAC address of the system.

The risk is that the license may no longer work. An old box can be "traded in" for a slight discount on a new purchase. When this happens, the old box's license is invalidated.

Note that this doesn't include subscriptions, which means no IPS updates, no URL categorization, no antivirus, etc. As long as you get a box with a license, you can use firewall, VPN, network management, logs, identity awareness, SNX, and clustering/dynamic routing perpetually.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events