cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwsmyth85
Explorer

License Issue

Hi Checkmates,

I am working on a lab for my MSC using Oracle Virtual Box. I have Smart Console, SMS and the Gateway setup, the SMS and Gateway from this file:

Check_Point_R81.20_T631

All three on the same subnet and able to communicate and the SMS at the 10.1.1.101 IP specified in the license. 

My institution provided me with the license files. 

I have followed the instructions in "Check Point Certified Security Administrator R81.20"

From the Smart Console I went into Smart Update and went to:

Licenses & Contracts > View Repository 

Add License > From File and selected the licenses.

I also added the Service Contract.

On the Licenses & Contracts tab on the top row with the IP of the SMS it tells me it is a trail period expiring on 22 March (15 days)

When I run "cplic print" from the SMS's terminal only later dates appear. 

Could this be an error on the smart update page? When I look at the A-SMS.lic it says "never" after the IP there is no mention of 22 March.

Any help greatly appreciated 

Pete Smyth

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What does it say about the license in SmartConsole (License & Status) NOT SmartUpdate ?

When you generate the evals there are two parts, did you apply the correct one for a management versus gateway?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
pwsmyth85
Explorer

Hi Chris,

See attached screen caps.

What do you mean by generate the evals? The guide said to apply the A-SMS license so this is the one I applied. All_Licenses is a pic of all the licenses I was given. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Sorry I don't know which guide you're following to comment on it.

Note some of the screenshots are truncated and don't show the necessary details.

Further outputs are needed such as those requested by Andy.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Pete,

Would you mind send screenshot from smart update, as well as output from cplic print -x from the ssh?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
pwsmyth85
Explorer

Hi Andy,

I just tried removing and re-adding the A-SMS.lic (again!) and now it looks like this.

In the second screen cap the grey row is where it was showing the expiration date.

Does this look fixed to you?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events