Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Tyrrell
Explorer
Jump to solution

Is a 600 Appliance with an expired license still usable as a basic firewall/router?

Is a 600 Appliance with an expired license still usable as a basic firewall/router?

I have one where the license expired in February. It's only being used as an access point to segregate Public Wi-Fi usage at a library.

It was rebooted about 10 days ago and the Wi-Fi and routing are still working, but SNMP is now getting blocked and any edits to the firewall are ignored with a System log entry being created: [Security Settings] Firewall policy change could not be applied due to an invalid license.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ken_Tyrrell
Explorer

My license page was showing all blades as expired, I clicked the Activate link and it turned on the Firewall,  Identity Awareness, Advanced Networking, and IPSec VPN blades.

It's working now and SNMP reads are allowed now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The answer is "it depends."

For example, my 1100 cannot be used even as a firewall after Jun 12th unless I get a new license for it Smiley Happy

However, my 1490 clearly could:

My guess is that your 600 is provisioned with a different SKU that results in a Firewall license that expires, similar to my 1100 above.

(My 1100 is a pre-production unit)

In theory, all appliances should include a license for Firewall + VPN that doesn't expire.

Either way, I would check with Account Services. 

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

Yuri_Slobodyany
Collaborator

Indeed I've seen many 11xx/6xx boxes and once you activate then it does not expire (ever) , just subscription based services (App Ctrl/IPS/etc). So unless it is a special purpose box (Demo/Trial/etc) the Firewall and VPN Ipsec lics are permanent. 

Moreover cannot easily recall anyone having problems with this at all. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yurislobodyanyuk/
Ken_Tyrrell
Explorer

My license page was showing all blades as expired, I clicked the Activate link and it turned on the Firewall,  Identity Awareness, Advanced Networking, and IPSec VPN blades.

It's working now and SNMP reads are allowed now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events