cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malik1
Contributor

Importing the Service Contract File

Hi Experts ,

I have some confusion related to installing service contracts . We have a multiple expired services contracts that i will delete and as we cant connect to internet  i have downloaded the service contract file. I  Launch Menu select 'Licenses & Contracts' -> 'Update Contracts' -> 'From File...' and provide the path to the file you have downloaded . That all fine

But in sk33089 step 5 we need to install the the contract on the gateway as well. So my questions -

do we actually need to install the services contract on the gateway?

wont gateways be updated when we install the service control file on the mgmt ? or push a policy ?

do the service contract file and license on the mgmt server get pushed to the gateways ?

Regards,

Sijeel Malik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Your colleague has exactly the same (word to word) question. Answered here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Importing-the-Service-Contract-File/m-p/101492#M1...

0 Kudos
Bharat_Kumar
Participant

Hi Val,

That was me only accidently post from his account . So after we import the contacts using smart update we need to install on the gateways as well. 

So does this mean that the license and contact information on the management server (smartupdate ) doesn't get pushed/synced to the gateway.

Regards,

SM

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I am closing this thread. One discussion is enough. Please ask there. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events