Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharat_Kumar
Participant
Jump to solution

Importing the Service Contract File

Hi Experts , 

I have some confusion related to installing service contracts . We have a multiple expired services contracts that i will delete and as we cant connect to internet  i have downloaded the service contract file. I  Launch Menu select 'Licenses & Contracts' -> 'Update Contracts' -> 'From File...' and provide the path to the file you have downloaded . That all fine

But in sk33089 step 5 we need to install the the contract on the gateway as well. So my questions -

do we actually need to install the services contract on the gateway? 

wont gateways be updated when we install the service control file on the mgmt ? or push a policy ?

do the service contract file and license on the mgmt server get pushed to the gateways ?

Regards,

Sijeel Malik

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

You can use cpconfig on the Security Gateway:

Contracts using cpconfig.JPG

View solution in original post

(1)
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Tal's option is an alternative.

Contracts are not automatically pushed to GWs when you are importing them to the MGMT server

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes you need to install contract on the corresponding GWs, where appropriate. GWs may be needing them to get online updates. If you do not, functionality may be degraded. 

0 Kudos
Malik1
Contributor

Hi Val,

So after we import the contract file using smart update we need to install on the gateways as well. So does this mean that the license and contact information on the management server (smartupdate ) doesn't get pushed/synced to the gateway?

Also tal_paz-fridman  has mentioned to use cpconfig command on the gateway to fetch contracts. So if I import the contract file in smart update I can fetch the contract that from the gateways  , so I wont need to install it on the gateway just fetch it ?

SM

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Tal's option is an alternative.

Contracts are not automatically pushed to GWs when you are importing them to the MGMT server

0 Kudos
(1)
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

You can use cpconfig on the Security Gateway:

Contracts using cpconfig.JPG

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)