cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_Karsbo
Contributor

Identity Agent starts with window open

Hi.

I have updated some "identity agent" on some client-computers, to version R80.167.0000.

After that, the agent always start with the "splash-screen" / "program window" open, not minimised, as before.

(Se attached screenshot)
It happen after every start or reboot.

It is annoying for the clients to have to close that window all the time, and I don't find a way to fix that.

Previously, the agent always started minimised with only the umbrella icon showing in the task-bar.

Thet client work fine, but it would be good, not to see the program on the desktop.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Do you know if you deployed the "standard" out of the box IA Agent? Or did you customize your own using 

IAConfigTool.exe? 

Ours have always been deployed using IAConfigTool and I don't believe we've seen that behavior. 

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read about customizing the package on Pg. 148 here. Smiley Happy 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
Simon_Croston
Explorer

Same behaviour seen here. We use the IAConfigTool - tried various permutations and result is the same.

Also this tool no longer seems to pick up the custom reg keys as suggested by the large scale implementation guide.

Tried on most recent version as well 80.172 and behaviour is the same.

It seems like an option has been ticked when the program was packaged and exe created.

0 Kudos
Tobias_Karsbo
Contributor

Hi Simon.
I opened a service request with CheckPoint, and it seams that this is a known issue with the "full agent", The support personnel called and told me it is like that if I use the "full agent".
See the written answer below:
"You will need to install the Light Identity Agent in order to hide the window automatically.
If you would like to use the MSI and configure it as a Light Identity Agent, you will need to select "Install just for you" in the Installation Scope tab in the Agent Setup.
Otherwise, you can simply use the Identity Agent Light EXE which will run the installation without the advanced agent selection options."

I am considering opening the SR again and ask CheckPoint to change that behavior, as I think it is better to use the full agent. But for now I will try the "light agent".

0 Kudos
Simon_Croston
Explorer

Hi Tobias

Thanks for this.

The open window adds nothing to the functionality and the full agent did not use to keep the window open.

The option of using the light agent means that functionality is lost - machine based auth at least, so this is not acceptable as a response to customers.

I am sure that this open window was not explicitly designed and has rather crept in and got past QA.

We will get a SR opened. We need the new client to fix a bug and this issue would mean we cannot distribute the new version.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
Simon_Croston
Explorer

I believe that the  light agent is also per user, not per computer. This is another drawback to installing in a large environment.

So we are stuck with getting the Full Agent install fixed. 

0 Kudos
Christian_Riede
Collaborator

Unfortunately, the new version of the SUV has only three wheels, but maybe you can use the e-bike instead?

0 Kudos
Christian_Riede
Collaborator

Thank you, Koby Kagan, for building a new agent build that fixes all those problems! We already got a testing version that fixes the splash screen issue. Now waiting for new GA version of the agent to appear in sk134312. That's really great service!

0 Kudos
Royi_Priov
Employee
Employee

Hi all,

A new agent which fixing this behavior was uploaded to sk134312.

The relevant fix is PRHF-2566, added to version R80.174.0000.

Thanks,

Royi Priov

Identity Awareness R&D

Thanks,
Royi Priov
Group manager, Identity Awareness R&D
Tobias_Karsbo
Contributor

Great. Installed the client and it works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Christian_Riede
Collaborator

Thanks, Royi!

0 Kudos
bleyers
Explorer

Is it possible that this bug is reintroduced in the latest version of the full agent ?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events