Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

How to secure UC accounts on Check Point Gaia?

How do I secure my CP UserCenter account on Check Point Gaia?

In Gaia, when I go to $FWDIR/conf and do a grep uc_data * my account and a binary version of my password shows up. I work in shared administration environments in which end user admins as well as other CP partners have access to the Gaia expert mode as well, so I'd like to secure my UC account data in order to avoid that other admins can't see or access it.

Please advice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I guess in a shared administration environments, all admins are equal in their ability to see other's accounts for the particular customer.

I suspect that it is your choice to use your own UC credentials instead of the provisioning a unique set in each customer's UC.

Still, the password situation should be improved, but 2FA for your UC does provide some degree of protection.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure it’s the password that’s hashed, but it’s a good question.
Multi-factor Auth for your User Center account is highly recommended.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

It's not a password hash, it's a very simple 1:1 binary conversion that can be easily reverted back. Also using UserCenter's Multi-Factor means receiving an SMS. I'm not a single person receiving a SMS on a mobile phone, I'm speaking on behalf of my entire support team using one central UC support account (CP limits licenser accounts to five or so and you can't convince end users to add 20 licenser accounts anyways). In order to organize that each support technician will receive such a mail two dozen times a day that he/she requires it means we'd need to set up a SMS gateway solution or similar. Might be easier to just change our central UC support account's password every week.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You can actually use 2FA with google authenticator, no need for an SMS

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events