Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onkel_Boo
Explorer
Jump to solution

How to monitor VRRP Interface via SNMP?

Hello CheckMates,

that is my first Post here, so i hope i'm posting this in the correct topic.

I want to monitor our HA Status. But since we are not on clusterxl yet, our monitoring says that both nodes are active. That's not wrong, but i want to monitor every single interface on our cluster nodes to get the "real state of HA" if you know what i mean.

Is there any detailed documentation about vrrp monitoring via snmp? I searched the whole internet (it feels like) but i always found one single oid, which give me the result described above. Or does somebody did this recently do gimme some advice?

Thank you Guys in Advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Most VRRP info should be in the following OID tree 1.3.6.1.2.1.68.1.3.1

For awareness you can also extend snmp with shell scripts if their isn't a native OID for what you're after per:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Why not monitor the interfaces themselves via SNMP?

Onkel_Boo
Explorer

Hi PhoneBoy,

yes that is what i am doing. But there is no Information about the VRRP Status.
Yes, i can see traffic on the interfaces and i could use that as an indicator. But, i was hoping to get a flag via snmp that give me direct information about the status like "active" or "passive" or "1" or "0" if you like.

That would be much easier to create a monitoring service out of it.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Most VRRP info should be in the following OID tree 1.3.6.1.2.1.68.1.3.1

For awareness you can also extend snmp with shell scripts if their isn't a native OID for what you're after per:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events