Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scenarist
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to increase/extend file system mounted on / and /var/log

Hello guys,

I would like to upgrade Gaia to R81.20 and I don't have enough space on / root partition

265.png

Also I cannot create snapshot 

266.png

267.png

Could someone give me suggestion how to increase/extend file system /

/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_current and

/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_log

268.png

P.S I added hard disk through vCenter and create physical volume “sde” and then extend volume group “vg_splat” and increase logical volumes “lv_current” and lv_log with

#lvextend -L +10G /dev/vg_splat/lv_current lv_current

#lvextend -L +10G /dev/vg_splat/lv_log

269.png

And as a final step, should I expand now file system?

I know for sk95566  but It will not increase the file system, except logical volumes lv_current and lv_log(above screen). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scenarist
Contributor

Thank you very much for letting me know the alternative ways to make an upgrade but I have found  very useful a sk94671   -which has resolved this matter

I would like to mention the following:

-You don't need to get in maintance mode.

-Very important is to run a cpstop in a step 6. (without cpstop you will not see increased space!)

How to increase/extend file system mounted on / and /var/log >> Here is the solution sk94671 - How to add hardware resources, such as log storage, to a Virtual Machine running Gaia OS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gojira
Collaborator
Collaborator

I would recommend to clean install r81.20 on a new VM with the right hardware and transfer the configuration.

Leave this one as a backup/fail back.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good reference 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Disk-Space-issues-on-Gateway/m-p/161537#M28601

Also, say for what you need, run -> find /var/log -size +900M

That will look for files bigger than 900MBs in /var/log, you can replace 9 with any other digit and see what can be deleted

HTH

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
scenarist
Contributor

Thank you very much for letting me know the alternative ways to make an upgrade but I have found  very useful a sk94671   -which has resolved this matter

I would like to mention the following:

-You don't need to get in maintance mode.

-Very important is to run a cpstop in a step 6. (without cpstop you will not see increased space!)

How to increase/extend file system mounted on / and /var/log >> Here is the solution sk94671 - How to add hardware resources, such as log storage, to a Virtual Machine running Gaia OS

the_rock
Legend
Legend

O yes, did that sk few times, super useful!

Great job 👌

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events