Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Gao
Advisor
Jump to solution

How to configure topology in smartdashboard when WAN port is dhcp

Hi all
Now ,my R77.30 gateway wan port is dhcp ip,so ,how i can configure this topology in smartdashbord,thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Interesting question. I have never had the opportunity to change the production environment from static to dynamic.

All of the below is a speculation and you should NOT rely solely on this information.

Please note that changing your gateway's WAN IP and selecting "Dynamic Address" in gateway's properties will remove most of the blades from the objects, will wipe the NAT rules and objects' properties and will most definitely demolish whatever VPNs you have configured. 

Please check the properties of the gateway object.

In the main window, check if the IP address assigned to the gateway [1] is the one you are trying to change to DAIP.

If so, there is option to make it "dynamic" [2]

Before doing that, you have to change the parameters of the corresponding physical interface in Gaia WebUI from static IP to "Obtain IPv4 address automatically"

In the "Network Management" section, execute "Get Interfaces" without topology.

I suspect that at this point, the WAN interface is associated with some-kind of dynamic object.

If the gateway's IP address in the "General Properties" is NOT your WAN interface's IP, I would not know how to approach this change.

If someone has the experience with this, please chime in.

Regards,

Vladimir

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

During the original installation you were prompted to answer the question if your gateway's WAN interface is DAIP (dynamically assigned IP). Have you answered it correctly or is this a change from static to dynamic IP happening on the existing production gateway?

0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Hi Vladimir

This is a change from static to dynamic IP happing on the existing production gateway.thanks!

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Interesting question. I have never had the opportunity to change the production environment from static to dynamic.

All of the below is a speculation and you should NOT rely solely on this information.

Please note that changing your gateway's WAN IP and selecting "Dynamic Address" in gateway's properties will remove most of the blades from the objects, will wipe the NAT rules and objects' properties and will most definitely demolish whatever VPNs you have configured. 

Please check the properties of the gateway object.

In the main window, check if the IP address assigned to the gateway [1] is the one you are trying to change to DAIP.

If so, there is option to make it "dynamic" [2]

Before doing that, you have to change the parameters of the corresponding physical interface in Gaia WebUI from static IP to "Obtain IPv4 address automatically"

In the "Network Management" section, execute "Get Interfaces" without topology.

I suspect that at this point, the WAN interface is associated with some-kind of dynamic object.

If the gateway's IP address in the "General Properties" is NOT your WAN interface's IP, I would not know how to approach this change.

If someone has the experience with this, please chime in.

Regards,

Vladimir

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When you set your gateway to Dynamic Address there is no IP in General Properties.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I am referring to the current state, the pre-change do dynamic.

The Gateway address may be the one that belongs to the internal interface.

0 Kudos
Lockout888
Explorer

"If the gateway's IP address in the "General Properties" is NOT your WAN interface's IP, I would not know how to approach this change."

So if the LAN / Internal IP is the gateway's IP address in the "General Properties" and you apply the Dynamic Address option - what happens?

I have a Gateway that DAIP was not selected during the initial setup, but the WAN IP needs to be dynamic.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Romero
Participant

Hello, I have a similar issue, and was wondering how did you approach your situation¿? 

"If the gateway's IP address in the "General Properties" is NOT your WAN interface's IP, I would not know how to approach this change."

In my case, I have a gateway with 3 WAN interfaces, and I need to change one that is not the main IP for "General Properties" to a DHCP interface ... How do I do this on the Network Topology from SmartConsole ¿? ¿?    Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
funkylicious
Advisor
add dhcp client interface NAME_OF_INTERFACE ?
0 Kudos
Pedro_Romero
Participant

Let me elaborate a bit more on that:   

I have a gateway with 3 WAN interfaces, and I need to change one of those interfaces wich by the way is not the main interface with the IP used for "General Properties" to a Dynamic Address interface ...

How do I do this on the Network Topology from SmartConsole ¿? ¿?   

When I edit the network topology for that gateway or try to add a new interface, I am always asked for the IP address.... I don´t see an option where I can declare the new interface to have a Dynamic Address... 

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
funkylicious
Advisor

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

This method is useful,thanks!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)