Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thorsten_Otten
Explorer
Jump to solution

High availability licensing

Hi there,

Maybe it's a simple question - but we all know that licensing issues are one of the most complex things at Check Point 😉

Is it possible to build a Check Point High Availability Cluster with two "normal" Check Point licenses (e.g. 2 x CPSG-4C-NGTP)?

Or is it mandatory to use a special High Availability SKU (e.g. CPSG-4C-NGTP + CPSG-4C-NGTP-HA)?

Is there a functional difference between the "HA" and "non-HA" SKUs or is the difference only in price?

We have two "normal" licenses left and would like to build an HA cluster with them, so I am interested in the question if this is possible.
In my understanding this should work as long as both licenses are identical and of course have an Advanced Networking and Clustering Blade, but I have already seen some unexpected "license problems" that I am a bit insecure...

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The -HA SKUs are offered only on specific appliances and can only be used in a cluster, but are offered at a discount.
Regular gateway SKUs can either be used as a single gateway or in a cluster.
They are otherwise the same.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The -HA SKUs are offered only on specific appliances and can only be used in a cluster, but are offered at a discount.
Regular gateway SKUs can either be used as a single gateway or in a cluster.
They are otherwise the same.
Abdelmoula
Explorer

Hi,

I hope that you are doing good,

I Wold know the license that i will need to configure two check point active/active?

Thank you

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes it is possible

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events