Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ED
Advisor

Hey Google, what build of SmartConsole do I have installed?

I'm not sure since I'm a bit confused (That's what Google home would have answered if it were possible).

This is not a big problem but very confusing I must say. Let's see why. In this example we use build 029 and build 089 which is the latest build.

You currently have build 029 installed on your machine to manage your management server. You open up Control Panel on your Windows machine and find out that build 029 is version 6.5.1 in Windows.

Alright. Then you open up SmartConsole and choose about Check Point SmartConsole and get this:

So you have to understand that when you have installed build 029 on your management server and on your Windows machine that it's version 6.5.1 in Windows and build 991140073 in Smart Console. That wasn't hard was it?

After installation of the latest build 089

I'm pretty sure that it exists a sk explaining that 991140073 is build 029 and 991140089 is build 089 but why make it so hard? All we want is to know if we have the latest build installed on our Windows machines. 

Vladmir Yakovlev suggested something very simple, include build number when you start up Smart Console:

Now let's vote. 

Should Check Point include build number on the startup of SmartConsole?

Yes they should48
No. Not necessary. I love mistery. 1
0 Kudos
7 Replies
cstueckrath
Contributor

and while we're at it: Also include the build number in the details (file version or/and product version) of SmartConsole.exe AND make the installer an MSI ffs.

It's a pain to install/update SmartConsole unattended.

0 Kudos
Diego_Lopez
Contributor

Thank you for this effort to confuse me to the next level for the sake of hopefully improving this (hint, hint CP folks)

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Why not this way:

Version: R80.30

Major release: prod3.2_official

Minor release: 75364.64

Build version: 986446326

Internal Build Number: 1535

Public Released Version: 064

Hotfix Identifier: 5x4f4tdxh4

Please, do it more complicated.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

0 Kudos
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We'll address this confusing multiple build numbers.

I'll update this thread on progress.

0 Kudos
Diego_Lopez
Contributor

Thank you for Listening. 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Most of those numbers are internal, why bother? 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events