Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcP
Participant

HCP script ARP test fails

Seeing the following errors on a few systems when running the HCP script, is this a known issue?

Result: ERROR

Description: This test checks that the number of entries in the arp cache table is not exceeding the threshold

Summary: This test failed and raised exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/etc/hcp/source/hcp/test/hcp_test.py", line 208, in execute

res = self.__execute_func()
 File "/etc/hcp/tests/gaia_os/general/arp_cache.py", line 90, in execute_test
 _result = ArpCache().run()
 File "/etc/hcp/tests/gaia_os/general/arp_cache.py", line 84, in run
 if self._get_num_of_cache_entries() == 0:
 File "/etc/hcp/tests/gaia_os/general/arp_cache.py", line 35, in _get_num_of_cache_entries
 raise RuntimeError('Failed to get arp entries rc={}: {}'.format(_rc.rc, _rc.stderr))
 RuntimeError: Failed to get arp entries rc=127: /bin/sh: arp: command not found

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version/jhf are you running this on?
I suspect this is a bug since the arp command should exist on all gateways and management.

0 Kudos
MarcP
Participant

Have seen this on R81 machines as well as R81.10 with varying levels of patches applied.

I was able to get around this issue by running the individual test by itself, i.e. "hcp -r 1" for the ARP cache test. When it runs by itself it passes with no issues. Subsequent runs of all tests (hcp -r all)  work fine.

Have also seen this for the SSD Health Test. Strange little quirk, maybe it is because we are calling the HCP script from our own custom script not sure..

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tested on R81.20, no issues.

0 Kudos
Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

I am writing here to keep the topic alive and not to open another topic. I have that same problem. I'm also having trouble with the SSD control. As far as I can see, if I run the script manually, there is no problem, but if I run it with a cronjob or another script, I get an error.

0 Kudos
Mille
Participant

The problem still exist (HCP autoupdater take: 59). It may be a problem with the environment or locales.
As a work-around you can add the cron job with bash login like this:
"add cron job HCP_night_run command 'bash -l /etc/hcp/source/cron/cron_hcp_collect_reports.sh' recurrence daily time 03:00"

Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

Hi Mille,

It is work, thanks for solution.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events