Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilli_xill
Participant
Jump to solution

Getting SmartConsole settings via CLI

Hello!

I try to get information about account settings (Manage&Settings - Permissions&Administrators - Advanced, screenshot 1) in Smart Console via CLI. 

And there is API-command 'mgmt_cli show global-properties'. The output of this command contains the following lines:

user-accounts:
expiration-date-method: "expire at"
expiration-date:
posix: 1924894800000
iso-8601: "2030-12-31T00:00+0300"
days-until-expiration: 900
show-accounts-expiration-indication-days-in-advance: true
days-in-advance-to-show-accounts-expiration-indication: 14

But I don't understand what is this, because I have another values in Smart Console..  The guide says about 'user-accounts' parameter: "Set the expiration for a user account and configure "about to expire" warnings." but I think it is not very clear.. So where do these values come from?

And did I understand correctly that there is no way to get this via CLI? 😞

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Omer_Kleinstern
Employee
Employee

These settings do not currently have an API endpoint.

You can use generic object API:

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.AuthenticationFailLockSettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.IdleLogoutSettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.PasswordPolicySettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.objects.AdminSettings" details-level full

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The properties in the screenshot are not considered "Global Properties" and relate to VPN users.
The screenshot refers to administrator users, which have different API endpoints and different parameters.

Note that editing anything related to administrators for SmartConsole must be done in the System Domain. 
This means your login action must specify the system domain as shown in the example: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/?#cli/login~v1.9.1%20 
Then you can use e.g. set administrator to change the relevant settings: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/?#cli/set-administrator~v1.9.1%20

I don't know if those "global" parameters you show in the screenshot have an API endpoint.
Tagging @Omer_Kleinstern in case he knows.
You might have to use the generic object API (again, against the System Data domain): https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion/How-to-Query-Global-Properties-via-CLI/m-p/37... 

0 Kudos
Omer_Kleinstern
Employee
Employee

These settings do not currently have an API endpoint.

You can use generic object API:

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.AuthenticationFailLockSettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.IdleLogoutSettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.management.mgmt_blade.objects.PasswordPolicySettings" details-level full

mgmt_cli -r true -d "System Data" show generic-objects class-name "com.checkpoint.objects.AdminSettings" details-level full

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events