cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Dynamic Routing on VSX

I am not sure if this is just my luck or it is a developing trend, but quite a few of my clients are looking to either deploy Check Point as a core routing cluster or to redesign existing implementations for same purpose.

Increasingly, I am hearing questions about dynamic routing in VSX in both, HA and VSLS environments.

Please share whatever experience and words of wisdom regarding OSPF and BGP in VSX.

Thank you,

Vladimir 

3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Hey Vladimir,

We are running several VSX clusters with dynamic routing, 2 clusters with a lot of OSPF routes. This use customer has about 8 VS'es with OSPF and a number without. They are still on R77.30 and we did recently make sure that we updated to Jumbo 292, as there were some minor issues, that once every 3 months we lost a couple of routes.

Regards, Maarten
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Maarten Sjouw‌, thank you for replying.

Can you tell me if you are running multiple blades on those VS' and if there were any gotchas that I should be looking out for?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Maarten Sjouw‌, can you check if you are seeing the same behavior in your VSX environment as described here:

https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/10227-traffic-is-originating-from-a-vs-with-the-vsx-internal... ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events