cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gemechisd
Contributor
Jump to solution

Difference between Open server and Open Stack

What is the main difference between an SMS Server on Open Server and Open Stack?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Open Stack is an abstraction / virtualization layer for Open Server platforms.

Potentially like VMware this could mean you could leverage it to overcome specific hardware / driver compatability challenges with GAiA subject to the HCL of course.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Open Stack is an abstraction / virtualization layer for Open Server platforms.

Potentially like VMware this could mean you could leverage it to overcome specific hardware / driver compatability challenges with GAiA subject to the HCL of course.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
gemechisd
Contributor

@Chris_Atkinson 

Our previous SMS server's platform is OpenServer. Now we need to install a new SMS Server and Our current environment which is Nutanix AHV when I tried to find the image and I found https://support.checkpoint.com/results/download/116649 it says Check Point R81.10 Cloudguard for Openstack Security Management Unsecured, What does this mean by unsecured? And after the installation the Platform is referring to Open Stack, is there is any difference between Open Server and Open Stack?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What Chris said makes total sense. Personally, but this is just me, I would always choose good vmware server with ssd,management server will be super fast. I know few customers that do that.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events